Let’s say the existing project name as MyTestApp
I want to change the app name to sandbox-app
Let us see how to rename a project in bitbucket and as well as in local.
- Login to bitbucket and traverse to your project and go to settings
- Change the name from MyTestApp to sandbox-app
- Save the changes
That’s it at bitbucket.
- Go to project location. cd /home/loganathan/git/MyTestApp
- Go to .git directory. cd .git
- Open config file in vim. vim config
- Change the name to sandbox-app in the url
- Save and exit the file
- Come 2 directories back, cd ../../
- Change directory name from MyTestApp to sandbox-app. mv MyTestApp sandbox-app
- Go to sandbox-app
- Open .project file in vim and change name from MyTestApp to sandbox-app. Save and exit.
- Open pom.xml in vim and change artifact and name to crawler-app. Save and exit.